In 1870 the French Catholics formed St. Mary Parish and erected a wooden church on Broad Street. Fr. Francis Gouesse was its first pastor. This church suffered great damage in the hurricane of 1938, and when repaired it was faced with brick and greatly improved architecturally on the exterior. For more information, please visit John Buczek's site

St. Mary's Church erected 1871
Marlborough Historical Society picture

St. Mary's Church postcard

St. Mary's Catholic Church and Rectory